From: Karen Canty
To: ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: AVID programs

Margaret,

I agree that all kids have potential - it is just that a whole lot of kids in the system that we have don't get recognized because their GPA/test scores are low - so at least a few of those students - for whatever reason - get some help to realize whatever it is they have instead of leaving the system all together...Do I wish it were so for every student - you betcha - but I applaud whatever small efforts are happening to at least get to some....

Karen