[mailto:ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU]On Behalf Of L. Cirincione
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 10:22 PM
To: ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU
Subject: Re: Kindergarten Reading Exit Exams

Roxie-
The law (IDEA) was last changed in 1997. The problem is that most schools do
not pay attention to the law & just tell parents (whom they seem to think
can't read laws for themselves....OK, they're right, most don't) that LRE =
full-inclusion one size fits all regular classes. This is a lie, but the
state dept.'s of ed help them by lying also. That was why I stated it that
way. We need to qualify so that we know whether the person is talking about
full-inclusion or the premise of LRE as the desitable goal within the
"continuum of alternative placements" required by the federal law. ie. State
policy in ALL of Colorado is full-inclusion regular classes only, except for
a few severe cases.
Linda