[mailto:ARN-L@listsrva.CUA.EDU]On Behalf Of Humes-Schulz
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 7:44 PM
To: ARN-L@listsrva.CUA.EDU
Subject: Re: Edron, er, Edison in NY Times

Let's go back to the original analogy: HMO's. If you are one of the 38
million folks who have no health insurance, getting access to an HMO, even a
crappy HMO puts you in a better position than before and your family will
have better access to health care. Not optimum health care. Not best
health care, not state of the art health care -- but better off than before.

That's all I am saying. Edison may give some families access to better
education than they had before. Not optimum education. Not best practices.
But better than before.

I did not intend to start this flame war, so I apologize to the list. But
sometimes, in some circumstances "better than before" is as good as you can
do in the short run.

Kathie