"Guessing penalty" on the CAT?

For the CAT (California Achievement Test), does anyone know whether there is
a "guessing penalty"? For example, if there are four possible answers,
one-quarter of a point might be deducted, for each incorrect answer, from
the total number of correct answers (in order to discourage guessing).

I tried calling someone who ought to know, but she had no idea what I was
talking about. I think the "guessing penalty" is more common at higher grade
levels, like for the (college-admissions) SAT, but I want to be sure.

Thanks,

Elsa