"Guessing penalty" on the CAT?
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: "Guessing penalty" on the CAT?
- From: "ElsaHaas" <ElsaHaas@si.rr.com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:38:48 -0400
- Thread-index: AcrlZ1PfKiJgki+yQ52/cAZ/YH6DQg==
For the CAT (California Achievement Test), does anyone know whether there is
a "guessing penalty"? For example, if there are four possible answers,
one-quarter of a point might be deducted, for each incorrect answer, from
the total number of correct answers (in order to discourage guessing).
I tried calling someone who ought to know, but she had no idea what I was
talking about. I think the "guessing penalty" is more common at higher grade
levels, like for the (college-admissions) SAT, but I want to be sure.
Post a Message to arn-l: