Re: "Good Kid/Bad Kid" - Japan

Hi Susan,
A young woman I know has just returned from two years
of teaching English in a Japanese school. Though she has
not reported a "hitting teacher" she has talked extensively
about the physical punishment in the school - and the
response of Japanese teachers when she called it "abuse."
It was not abuse in their minds - necessary discipline.
Claryce