Re: Superintendents get $2,000 consulting fees to hobnob with vendors

What immediately struck me about this story is how many of the
superintendents listed are from districts which have experimented with school calendar
reforms, specifically, year-round schools. Interestingly, many of the promoters of
year-round school later become consultants who get as much as $2,000 a day as
year-round school consultants. The Florida Ethics Commission merely gave a
school board member a slap on the wrist for his conflict of interest as a
year-round school consultant. These consulting fees are bribery, pure and simple.

Billee Bussard