From: arn-l-owner@interversity.org [mailto:arn-l-owner@interversity.org]
On Behalf Of Art Burke
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 10:45 AM
To: arn-l@interversity.org
Subject: Re: [arn-l] Art Burke - was Transforming science: Fact-free

One of my daughters got off the mark slowly in
developing decoding skills. My wife and I spent a lot of time with her
on that. Based on my experience with my daughter, the activities for
teaching one-syllable words to first-graders seem pretty sensible and
valuable, and precisely what my daughter seemed to need at the time.
At the same time, I also read stories to her and with her.