[mailto:ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU]On Behalf Of Margaret Davis
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 11:17 AM
To: ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU
Subject: Re: AVID programs

and counselors identify students "who have potential" -- Course that could
be just how it's evolved

All "kids" (children) have potential......... they're each very special
in an unlimited number of ways. they just may not have a certain group's
idea of potential on that time line we have somehow defined. some may be
15+/- years older before they "reach" the potential you are looking for at
*the* time you're looking some may never enter that BOX.

we all have potential. i'd like to see someone who defined what the
definition of what potential is...come dig my post holes or get the forms
ready to pour concrete in my barn or understand the needs of the chickens
that are housed there - or go dumpster diving..... .

Margaret
~~~~~~
http://aisdinuniforms.org
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes. -- Henry David Thoreau
(1854)