From: "Darrell Alexander" <Dalexand@alvin.isd.tenet.edu>
To: <margd@flash.net>
Cc: "Greg Smith" <GSmith@alvin.isd.tenet.edu>; "Linda Hanson"
<Lhanson@alvin.isd.tenet.edu>; "Tim Turner" <TTurner@alvin.isd.tenet.edu>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: Discipline

Ms. Margaret Davis,

I will no longer be able to correspond with you through e-mail after this
response. I feel at this time I have given you enough time and rationale
behind my decisions regarding the standardized dress policies and
procedures.

There are two of your concerns I would like to address:

1. Availability of clothes-
You had expressed concern over the limited amount of stores making
standardized dress available. Below are some retail stores that currently
make the appropriate dress available:

Wellborns, Walmart, JC Penny, Target

2. Discipline of Students-
According to local Board Policy (FNCA-Local) under Violations, #3 states,
"Blatant violations or repetitive violations of a similar nature shall be
treated as insubordination to authority. Such violations shall receive
punishment appropriate to the offense." #2 states, "...If the parent cannot
be contacted or is unable to come to school, the student shall spend the
remainder of the day in isolation or in-school suspension." A full
description of this policy can be found at the following web-site;
www.alvin.isd.tenet.edu

In an effort to focus on instructional issues, further questions and/or
concerns regarding this policy or it's interpretation should be addressed
through the office of Tim Turner, Director of Administrative Services
(281)388-1130.

Sincerely,

Darrell Alexander
Principal, Harby Junior High School