Re: New York State Ed Cracks
- Subject: Re: New York State Ed Cracks
- From: Juanita Doyon <Jedoyon@AOL.COM>
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:08:29 EST
- Reply-to: Assessment Reform Network Mailing List <ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU>
- Sender: Assessment Reform Network Mailing List <ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU>
In a message dated 2/25/02 10:52:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> As I have tried to point out, sometimes school offers a simple lifeline and
> haven for kids. We need to make sure that lifeline is always available.
I don't think anyone is saying that schools shouldn't offer summertime
activities where they are needed, Kathie-- just that they shouldn't be
mandatory. I think it is important to remember, however, that public schools
can't possibly serve all the needs of society-- and perhaps they shouldn't
try so hard, when people are claiming that they aren't even serving the
educational needs of society well.
Post a Message to arn-l: