Re: Wellstone's visit & high stakes testing

Wellstone's bill is not likely to pass, I agree, but it is a vehicle for
pushing the issue.

Bush's probably plan will include mandating that state's test in grades
3-8 in language arts and math (does not seem now to likely mandate high
stakes at least for kids, may for schools; probably will also push
vouchers) is something that we will need to be mobilizing for -- more on
that soon.

But as we work to oppose the Bush testing plan, we can use that also to
propose Wellstone and Scott's plan (and perhaps other positive things as
well).

Monty Neill