i finally got through

Dear All,
Yesterday, one of my most prickly high school students---("Don't touch me!,
"Don't touch me!" is all he can ever say when I put a hand on his shoulder
or arm )--who is loaded with fear (that he'll be found out to be stupid) did
SO WELL in math (algebra) that he picked up my excitement and let me
squeeze his shoulders and we both grinned ear to ear! Who are we to decide
on timetables?? young people are ready to let us in when they are ready.
sometimes the past hurts take a REALLY LONG TIME to begin to heal, and it is
our job to keep on being there for them and holding out the hope that they
CAN learn.
we're off to a conference in New Zealand for two weeks. bye for now.
Judi