Re: Good Column on Flaws in Bush Testing Scheme

In a message dated 1/24/01 7:02:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mkluznik@HOTMAIL.COM writes:

<< First day of class, we were given a test to see how fast we could read. >>

It took my son until 6th grade to figure out that his 2 or 3 grade above
average scores on the placement test for "accelerated reader" were making it
harder for him to get points and find books in his category. I didn't even
chastise him, when he told me he threw the test in the fall, and that's why
his level was 4th grade. He did a more believable job in the spring and hit
7th. I'm not raising any stupid kids.
Juanita