Re: Action ideas

Excellent memo! A couple additions re: Congress

Monty Neill wrote:

> To: Listservs and others
> From: Monty Neill, FairTest

> Senate
> -- The chair of the Senate Committee on Labor and Human Resources is
> James Jeffords (R-VT) 728 SHOB, Washington, DC 20510; (202) 224-5141
> -- The ranking Senate Committee member is Edward Kennedy (D-MA) 315
> SROB, Washington DC 20510;
> -- Chair of the Subcommittee on Children and Families is Judd Gregg
> (R-NH), 393 SROB, Washington, DC 20510; Tel: 202-224-3324.
> -- Note also Sen. Joseph Lieberman, who has introduced a bill that has
> similarities with the Bush plan (we do not have the exact bill) and may
> be an important factor in the Senate's debate. SHOB, Washington, D.C.
> 20510; (202) 224-4041
>
> House
> -- The chair of the House Committee on Education and the Workforce is
> John Boehner (R-?) 1011 Longworth HOB, Washington, DC 20515; (202)
> 225-6205;

As noted in a previous email, Boehner is from Cincinnati, Ohio.

> -- I think the ranking minority member is George Miller, D-CA, 2205
> Rayburn HOB; Washington, D.C. 20515; (202) 225-2095. Miller has become
> very pro-testing.

We really should get some of our California folk to kick Miller's ass.
He represents the East Bay, across from San Francisco. Unleash Susan
Harman (though she probably does not live in Miller's district -- I bet
she knows lots of folks who do)!