Spread testing worldwide
- Subject: Spread testing worldwide
- From: Susan Ohanian <SOhan70241@AOL.COM>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 08:02:18 EST
- Comments: To: LiteracyForAll@egroups.com
- Reply-to: Assessment Reform Network Mailing List <ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU>
- Sender: Assessment Reform Network Mailing List <ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU>
The following seems rather extraordinary.
The Rutland Herald had a piece in its news digest with no source indicated.
Here are some excerpts:
"Washington - President Bush will ask Congress to base future increases in
aid to poor countries on evidence that the aid is actually bringing progress
in such areas as education, trade and the environment, administration
To assess education performance, for example, 'We would look at the number of
additional students in school, look at the quality, if possible, of the
educational project, possibly based on some testing.' said John B. Taylor,
undersecretary for international affiars. How successful the nation was at
enrolling girls in school could be another measure, he added."
Post a Message to arn-l: