Re: More intersting revelations from EdTrust
- Subject: Re: More intersting revelations from EdTrust
- From: Mickey VanDerwerker <PAVURSOL@AOL.COM>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 23:00:13 EST
- Reply-to: Assessment Reform Network Mailing List <ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU>
- Sender: Assessment Reform Network Mailing List <ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU>
Of first importance is whether the items really test the knowledge and
> skills that are most important.
Ahh. There's the sticky wicket....
How would you know whether the items do or don't? Are there numbers for
this? Or do you just have to look and see?
> The process for determining this is called "validation." It's done as the
> test is constructed and continuously afterwards in light of experience with
> the results.
And how is it measured and reported? HOw do you know you have it or you
Post a Message to arn-l: