Fw: Please Join Me

More info on the rally in Austin on 1/25.

Can I get a volunteer to write a short article and hopefully take pictures to send for publication in Examiner? [Note, if you email me this week, I won't get back to people till 27th or so as I will be away - but if you want to write, take notes - thanks a lot.]
-----Original Message-----
From: DORA OLIVO <DORA.OLIVO@house.state.tx.us>
To: DORA OLIVO <DORA.OLIVO@house.state.tx.us>
Date: Friday, January 17, 2003 6:31 PM
Subject: Please Join Me

Texans for Quality Assessment will hold a rally on the south lawn of the Capitol on Saturday, January 25, 2003, from 3 to 5 p.m. in support of legislation that I have filed calling for using multiple criteria to determine student eligibility for graduation and promotion to the next higher grade.

HB 336 relates to the requirements for a high school diploma, and HB 337 relates to alternative compensatory criteria for promotion to certain grade levels in public school.

I passed similar legislation through the House of Representatives in the 77th Legislative Session and I look forward to your support for these bills in this session.

Supporters are coming to the Capitol for this rally from around the state, including San Angelo, Amarillo, El Paso, Denton, Fort Worth, Dallas, Houston, Alvin, Georgetown, New Braunfels, and Austin. Organizations represented at the rally include LULAC, MALDEF, NAACP, ACLU, Members of the State Board of Education, TSTA, Texas Latino Education Coalition, and Texas Freedom Network.

Please join me and the many supporters of multiple criteria assessments from around the state on Saturday, January 25th on the South Side of the Capitol from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm.

Dora Olivo
State Rep. Dist 27
Capitol 512-463-0494
District 281-208-8806