Re: TO

...Let me know when the crowds show up for your revival meeting.

Art,
How about you letting ME know when you're willing to move beyond sarcasm to substance?

CONNECTIONS: INVESTIGATING REALITY is a product of decades of classroom experimentation with students from 4th grade through adulthood. Most of the hands-on activities in it were piloted nationwide by dozens of teachers in all kinds of schools, with the considerable tab picked up by Prentice-Hall. What ties the activities together--General Systems Theory--needs no defense from me.

Internationally known scholars have been saying for hundreds of years that sense can't be made of reality by fragmenting it and examining the fragments, as the Common Core State Standards require.

Three publishers -- SUNY Press, Books For Educators, and Information Age Publishing, have published books in which I've laid out the superiority of organizing knowledge using the
approach we begin developing at birth and bring to school fully formed, over the 19th Century approach that now shapes instruction. I've had articles about it in more journals than I've bothered to count.

In a pre-publication review of my SUNY book, Dr. Philip L. Smith, (Ohio State University) editor of SUNY's Philosophy of Education Series, wrote editors that my argument was "a well-thought out, beautifully presented defense of humanistic general education...an important manuscript both for what it aspires to and how it accomplishes its goals."

Because I don't think (given their narrow, discipline-based training) that most teachers can translate theory into a comprehensive, articulated, extended instructional program, I'm offering, FREE, a course of study that not only logically integrates all knowledge, but does it in a way that any adolescent can understand and immediately put to work.

Here's a link. Attack the program, not those of us who think there's room for improving American education.

http://www.marionbrady.com/Connections-InvestigatingReality-ACourseofStudy.asp

Substance, Art, SUBSTANCE! Change my mind about you.

Marion