Fw: [Upstream] Perhaps why the Popular Party is popular?
- Subject: Fw: [Upstream] Perhaps why the Popular Party is popular?
- From: "Gerald W. Bracey" <gbracey@EROLS.COM>
- Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 09:55:01 -0400
- Reply-to: Assessment Reform Network Mailing List <ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU>
- Sender: Assessment Reform Network Mailing List <ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU>
A little end-of-week, non-testing levity from Spain.
----- Original Message -----
From: Stuart Miller
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 7:36 AM
Subject: [Upstream] Perhaps why the Popular Party is popular?
The Travel Guide Says WHAT?
Updated 8:37 AM ET June 1, 2000
MADRID (Reuters) - Spain's Socialists have called for the withdrawal of a government-financed travel guide which compares the appeal of Madrid's mountains with that of the loins of British supermodel Naomi Campbell, newspaper El Pais reported on Wednesday.
"With mountains the same thing happens as does with women, that the desire they provoke is inversely proportional to the number of times you've got on top of them," one of the chapters in the book was quoted as saying.
Another section of the book describes one mountain as "black, svelte...hard and slippy, like Naomi Campbell's loins."
Socialist politician Oscar Iglesias said the book was "a clear example of what the Popular Party thinks," El Pais reported.
A government official said the book had been printed by mistake and had been withdrawn from sale.
Post a Message to arn-l: