Re: NCLB Critics are "Whiners" Says Coach Paige

At 09:13 AM 6/5/2004, gerald bracey wrote:
By the way, does anyone know where Paige got the "half-trillion dollar"
figure. Not very long ago, the figure I always saw was $300 billion. Then
Paige started using $400 billion, now five. I know that money has no
meaning in the Bush administration, but a 67% increase (from $300 billion to
$500 billion) represents quite an increase in anything. Has anyone noticed
the flood of new greenbacks?

Judging from past experience, they are likely to claim that the figures came from the NEA.

VS-)