Fwd: NCC delegation meets with U.S. Secretary of Education on need to provide equal education to all children...
- To: epata <email@example.com>, ARN-L <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Fwd: NCC delegation meets with U.S. Secretary of Education on need to provide equal education to all children...
- From: Monty Neill <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 17:22:19 -0400
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100317 Thunderbird/3.0.4
I continue to get the picture of Arne Duncan meeting and nodding,
listening - but not really hearing and not really agreeing. Monty
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NCC delegation meets with U.S. Secretary of Education on need
to provide equal education to all children...
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:46:14 -0400
From: Janice Resseger <RessegerJ@ucc.org>
To: Janice Resseger <RessegerJ@ucc.org>
Yesterday, a group from the National Council of Churches met with U.S.
Secretary of Education Arne Duncan and other officials to express
concerns about the Education Department's "Race to the Top" initiative
and the Obama Administration's "blueprint" for the reauthorization of
the Elementary and Secondary Education Act. Here is the statement
released this afternoon by the NCC:
*Ms. Jan Resseger*
/Minister for Public Education and Witness
/Justice and Witness Ministries
700 Prospect, Cleveland, Ohio 44115
//"That all citizens will be given an equal start through a sound
education is one of the most basic, promised rights of our democracy.
Our chronic refusal as a nation to guarantee that right for all
children.... is rooted in a kind of moral blindness, or at least a
failure of moral imagination.... It is a failure which threatens our
future as a nation of citizens called to a common purpose... tied to one
another by a common bond."// ---Senator Paul Wellstone, March 31, 2000
Monty Neill, Ed.D.; Interim Executive Director, FairTest; 15 Court Sq.,
Ste. 820; Boston, MA 02108; 857-350-8207 x 101; fax 857-350-8209;
; Donate to FairTest:
Post a Message to arn-l: