Re: Worth Reading

I would like to express my support for Bob's message. We're in a
"time of parentheses" (as my late mentor, Tom Mulkeen of Fordham,
used to say), and we need to reach out to present and former
adversaries. If we're trying to influence hearts and minds (and we
are!), then we need all the help we can get. It's become somewhat of
a cliche, but Nixon's trip to China changed everything ... this is a
parallel situation. We should be targeting some of the "other
side's" heavy hitters and bring them around to our rational point of
view. Could you imagine if dozens of superintendents came out and
publicly supported fair and open testing? (Actually, neither can I,
but I think you get the point.)

Ed