Re: a reflection on ESEA
- Subject: Re: a reflection on ESEA
- From: Juanita Doyon <Jedoyon@AOL.COM>
- Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:44:59 EST
- Reply-to: Assessment Reform Network Mailing List <ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU>
- Sender: Assessment Reform Network Mailing List <ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU>
In a message dated 3/18/02 12:29:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> The media isn't skeptical about testing and how good tests can be and so
> they aren't asking the hard questions.
This is an incredibly important point. The media, like most parents, assume
the tests are valid and reliable. And they don't realize they are being used
in a different way than when they were in school. We need an activist HAMMER
to wake them up. But then, that would be fashioning our strategies a little
too much like the testocrats.
Post a Message to arn-l: