Re: Suicide Rates US vs. Japan

Hey,
Pasted a portion below to see if it were of interest. Full address below. I
saw an article from WSJ (today's paper or yesterday, I think-though I can't
find it on the site). Talks about Japanese schools (there would be the Japan
link to the subject line) cutting back (dumbing down is the description) by
not going on Saturdays and leaving time daily for creative stuff. If I can
find it, I'll send the link.
Mickey

http://www.nationalreview.com/contributors/kurtz032502.shtml
Dumbing Down the SAT
The very existence of intelligence differences in America is about to become
a forbidden truth.
Mr. Kurtz is also a fellow at the <A HREF="http://www.hudson.org/";>Hudson Institute</A>March 25, 2002 8:20 a.m.

Is intelligence un-American? It didn't used to be. But the times they are
a-changin'. The American belief in the fundamental equality of all human
beings is our glory and our foundation. But American equality has always
meant equality of opportunity and equality before the law. The problem since
the Sixties has been that some now demand equality of result — and more. For
many on the Left, even inequalities of intelligence and physical difference
are now forbidden. Through gender-norming and the general degradation of
standards, our armed forces have been pretending for years that the physical
differences between men and women don't exist. The war may have changed that,
as indicated by the Bush administration's reform of DACOWITS (the nest of
feminists at the Pentagon that for a decade has undermined standards in the
name of "gender equity"). But buried on page 10 of Saturday's <A HREF="http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/23/education/23EXAM.html";>New York Times</A>
(and in the second section of last Friday's Wall Street Journal) was news
that the very existence of intelligence differences in America is about to
become a forbidden truth.