Re: Guess whose chairing the assessment committee??

Thanks, George. BTW: I am an progressive educator who subscribes to the
FairTest positions on both abuses and appropriate uses of testing.

Kate

George Cunningham wrote:

> Kate,
>
> To dissent from the received wisdom of this list requires thick skin indeed.
> But, that is probably the way it should be. This list is made up primarily
> of anti-testing, progressive educators. They can't be expected to look with
> favor at different views. There are plenty of other lists where arguments
> against tests would lead to equal levels of opprobrium.
>
> At the same time, I would suggest to this list that if you chase away all
> dissent, this will cease being the lively list that it is. Everyone will
> just be patting everyone on the back telling them how much the agree and it
> will die like so many others.
>
> George Cunningham
> University of Louisville

begin:vcard
n:Nolan;Kate
tel;fax:312-553-2557
tel;home:708-488-9341
tel;work:312-553-2533
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.ccc.edu
org:City Colleges of Chicago;Office of the Asso. Vice Chancellor, Acad. Prog.
adr:;;226 W. Jackson Blvd, Room 1345;Chicago;IL;60606;US
version:2.1
email;internet:knolan02@ccc.edu
title:Executive Director, Project Align
fn:Kate Nolan