Re: State Assessments/did anyone see frontline?
- Subject: Re: State Assessments/did anyone see frontline?
- From: Juanita Doyon <Jedoyon@AOL.COM>
- Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 02:31:42 EST
- Reply-to: Assessment Reform Network Mailing List <ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU>
- Sender: Assessment Reform Network Mailing List <ARN-L@LISTS.CUA.EDU>
In a message dated 3/29/02 1:00:59 PM Pacific Standard Time, aburke@VANSD.ORG
> People who want to believe schools are doing a lousy job (or, for that
> matter, people who want to believe that the schools are doing a great job)
> will believe that no matter where the bar is.
The problem is, when the bar is placed too high and test scores are rotten in
the paper, even (or especially) the casual observer (or voter) gets the wrong
impression, digging ever deeper the trench that is lack of local school
Yes, Virginia, if you see it in a bar graph it must be so.
pun intended for your benefit, Mickey
Post a Message to arn-l: