Re: critique of Gerstner 'Teaching at Risk' report

Alan, thank you for your enlightening posting. I do have an extremely naive and
limited understanding of teacher unions, and I'm glad to see things are moving
in a good direction. I work with several teachers who feel "oppressed" in their
schools, so I become a little angry when I get the impression that union
leaders are restricting, rather then liberating pedagogy freedoms. I do hope
unions will not only work to restructure themselves, but also to restructure
the governence of individual schools so that teachers have more power.
Anyway, thank you Allan for expanding my perspective.
Kris

Quoting alanyoung@mchsi.com: