Re: Fw: Thank you--and more GOOD NEWS for the GOOD
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Fw: Thank you--and more GOOD NEWS for the GOOD
- From: Victor Steinbok <Victor.Steinbok@verizon.net>
- Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 18:35:29 -0400
- Cc: "Art Burke" <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
At 11:49 AM -0700 01.05.03, Art Burke wrote:
I know reading such a complicated statement is hard for you, but I
didn't say the system was failing 30 percent of the kids. Bussard's
discussants did. Have a long talk with them about Arkansas and MIT,
throw in Sweden while you're at it.
Actually, the "discussant" said that the system is failing 30% of the
students, not that 30% of the students are failing. And the word
"crisis" was attached by you, o'wise one. I know, for someone with
your expertise, the difference is so minor it is hardly relevant.
Fortunately, it matters for the rest of us.
And when talking about educational systems, I will gladly throw in
Sweden... and Holland and Hungary...
Post a Message to arn-l: