Re: bad item

Yes, Art...that leaving th' good ol' USNA... ... ...

Remind me, if I forget to thank another great Moralist and Moralizer of
several generations, ex-head of the WorldBank, and GM whiz-kid
industrial-military apologist, Robert MacNamara (now, here's a guy who
postulated that you could *meter* a war to an enemy--just enough to do th'
job, inventory-on-demand as applied to logistics (Mark I ), BTW: has anyone
EVER seen just a *little bit of war*? like this jackass thought?), REMIND
me to thank this Rogue Sec'y of Defense (the first and, certainly not last
in a long line of such) for using the Fleet with such sedititousness in the
Gulf of Tonkin Lie that IT RUINED MY CAREER. I chose moral clarity over
career sfaety--I suppose I still do <sigh> ...

Yep! in the top 7% of my class I was, my sophomore year @ USNA, whaddYa
know! there I was: sittin' on The Wall of St. John's a year after my
resignation of my commission, watchin' th' Corpse of Midshipmen march on
by, wavin' *Howdy* to my ex-classmates totin' guns, marchin' and whippin'
me the flag (out of formation, indeed, they!) on out to Navy Stadium, while
I sat there w/my brother gettin' ready to see the Navy/Maryland game he got
us tickets for a senior then @ UMaryland, he then...as I can recall...we
were THE least legal things in Ann Arundle County at the time, we feared.

Yep! Art, those were th' days...

...and what I say concerning the Sun/Pluto's relationship in physical
dynamics makes possible a refinement in Navigation via GPS technologies
such as we never had thinking that relativity was all *one-way* and that
the satellites ONLY went around the EARTH; if our science didn't take into
account the FACT that the EARTH is also revolving around the SATELLITE, and
they BOTH, TOGETHER form a closed rotational system, rotating around their
*postulated* center of gravity...and IF I am thinking beyond your head,
tight now, don't worry, go back to Newtonian Empiracism and, by all means,
stay away from Leibnitz! without HIS thinking we'd still be using
triangulation and dead-reckoning in the desearts of Iraq.

But what does THIS math teacher know about the non-math, anyway, Art? ;-}
rap.