Re: Tutoring Business Booms in Wake of NCLB

Right, Bob! and my busyness (Theresa & I the sole proprietors) is making
$30/hr/person+ (group rates => lower per capita rates which I encourage and
prioritize for sound, constructivist, pedagogic rationales, and not to merely
rake in more $$$) while unemployed, replaced by uncertified scabs AND, what's
more to my satisfaction, able to teach according to how I know best, as
well--althewhile STILL *teaching to the test* while fully paid and unionized
math/science classroom teachers lecture under duress of loosing their jobs
and/or plush assignments and have their poor charges rotely memorizing *problem
types* and *algorithms* to glazed and dazed cohorts of 30+/class.

Sour grapes? nope! it's called making lemonade out of lemons and learners out
of cannon fodder for the Corporate-sponsored War on Public Education... ;-}
rap.

For a really radical cant on this topic, and to review for ourselves what *The
Full Monty* of 21st Century *curricular reform* might look like, I, again, draw
your attention to the advanced thinking of Ivan Illich, *The Defrocked*:

DESCHOOLING SOCIETY by IVAN ILLICH:
http://philosophy.la.psu.edu/illich/deschool/intro.html

...SNIP...

--
"Dein Wachstum sei feste und lache vor Lust!
Deines Herzens Trefflichkeit