Re: That mythical "core of good ideas"

Two things about him bother me a little.

1. Were our pioneer ancestors really better educated than people are
now? How do we prove our conclusions either way?
2. Is it a good idea to shut down the public education system? Believe
me I am as disgusted as anyone, especially since as a Texan I've been
give a sneak preview of "No Child Left Unmarketed," but I think
eliminating our public school system would be a disaster. Not that NCLB
isn't. But we can kiss the "democratic" part of our democratic republic
goodbye if the public schools are eliminated. Not that it's not
seriously compromised now. Tennis, anyone?

Just got back from the Houston Ship Channel Tour. I'll spare everyone my
ranting...

Carol, who will be better tomorrow...