Re: Veterans Day: The B President

On the heels of this Veterans Day commentary, I offer what are to me VERY
encouraging signs that the electorate is waking up.

Yesterday, as on every Veterans Day for nearly 40 years, a group of my
hubby's Marine Corp buddies had their annual luncheon in Jacksonville, FL--about 8
guys who all enlisted in the same outfit right out of high school in the early
1950s. Now most of these guys have been staunch Republicans. Well, it seems
these guys are not too happy with George W. and think the whole Iraq thing
stinks to high heaven.

There have been other signs this week in this North Florida Republican
stronghold that Bush is on shaky grounds. An air-conditioning repairman who came to
my home and whose son just came back from a tour of Iraq was not too
supportive of the war after he got a firstperson earful. His son had left Iraq just the
day before on a helicopter that took the same flight path as the one in
which 16 U.S. soldiers heading for leave had died.

I have a feeling the polls don't begin to reflect how the majority of
Americans truly feel and the turning tide of sentiment.

Billee