From: Betty Peters [mailto:bettyp@ala.net]
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 7:46 PM
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Subject: Emailing: AEI_NCTM_MathDebate2003.htm Transcript of a debate over
"math wars" moderated by Lynn Cheney for the American Enterprise Institute

Info about National Science Foundation is interesting esp. since they are
funding the $9 million grant for Transforming East Alabama Math and
"Connected Math" textbooks, mentioned in the debate, were just approved
Thursday by our state board of education. This series is being used in the
pilot at Opelika and the co-director of TEAM Math at Auburn endorsed it
Thursday at our monthly meeting.

The transcript reflects a lively,balanced debate and includes many good
quotes. The folks in the audience had some good barbs against this "reform"
math.

Your files are attached and ready to send with this message.