Re: Maryland question

I am pretty certain MD does not, but the situation there is probably similar
to VA - I have never seen them listed as a state with gr retention - best
list on that has been EdWeek over the years, but I do not recall in what
year of their annual report they reported grade retention by state. Last I
knew, states with official policies included Fl, LA, TX and DE, according to
EW. Of course, many cities (Chi and NY most prominently and explicitly) and
no doubt smaller districts too have such policies.

Monty

--
Monty Neill, Ed.D
Interim Executive Director