Assessing student achievement

The Center for School Change at the Humphrey Institute, University
of Minnesota, recently received a grant from the U.S. Department
of Education to examine the ways various public schools assess
student achievement and share "best" practices.

We are currently in the process of developing criteria to review
various student achievement assessment programs. We will then
seek to identify 30 charter/public schools that are doing an
outstanding job of assessing student achievement.

I am writing to you to ask if you have any suggestions for us as to
criteria to use when looking at assessment programs, people to
contact, additional listservs on which I could post information or
national education groups that might be interested in this study
and/or able to provide some input.

I would appreciate any information you might have to share. If you
have any questions about the project, you may contact me or the
Director, Dr. Joe Nathan, via email or at the phone number listed
below.

Sincerely,

Nicola Johnson
Research Assistant