Re: Making Changes

Susan O. and Evans, hurray. Eloquent again--as usual.
The more I consider the hubris and ignorance of the standardistos, the
angrier I get. After 30 years of teaching and doing therapy with kids,
the wisest thing I can say is that finding out and taking seriously who
each kid is is the ONLY thing that works.
>Susan says, > Test item writers are suddenly in charge of the
schools.< Its not sudden; Michael Apple talked about this remote control
of classrooms years ago. We just didnt listen.
Where are our unions in all this?
--Susan H.