Washington State Ed.

In a message dated 9/7/01 8:18:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time, aburke@VANSD.ORG
writes:

<< "It is the paramount duty of the state to make ample provision for the
education of all children .....The legislature shall provide for a general
and uniform system of public schools." >>

Perhaps when the state legislature establishes a uniform funding structure,
then the state will have the right to mandate something. I'll answer in more
detail, if you wish, but I do understand Washington State Education structure
quite well. Where are you from, Art? How do you feel about top down
mandates?

Juanita