Re: Teacher Liability for giving and not giving Tests

save your sick days for the days the test is given.
tednellen

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Becky Schaller wrote:

> I think it's rather clear that as teachers we put ourselves at risk if we
> refuse to give The Test.
>
> Someone recently pointed out to me that we may also put ourselves at legal
> risk if we do give it. The scenario would be that when we return The Test
> Booklets, one is missing. Even if this wasn't intentional on the teachers
> part, what kind of risk would this teacher be in? Does anyone know? Would
> this be dependent on what state you were in? On what district?
>
> Becky Schaller

Ted Nellen 8-) ted@tnellen.com
Cybrarian http://www.tnellen.com/ted/
CyberEnglish http://www.tnellen.net/cyberenglish/
Alternative High Schools http://www.tnellen.com/alt/

One must learn by doing the thing. For though you think you know
it, you have no certainty until you try.

~ Sophocles ~ (BC 495-406, Greek Tragic Poet)