Re: The Artful Dodger

In a message dated 9/26/01 2:12:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time, aburke@VANSD.ORG
writes:

> What is a Big Mac?

two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce cheese, pickles, onions on a
sesame seed bun

If you're serious here, Art, you are seriously out of touch. I suggest you
go to the nearest golden arches and mingle with the locals a little more
often.

Last time our district did a survey of parents was 1993. The questions were
UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Nevertheless they did reveal some very real gaps between
parent perceptions and teacher perceptions. Grades, for instance, are very
important to parents and students. Teachers took the same survey, only about
what they thought parents and students would say. Teachers didn't think
grades were very important to parents and students at all.

Assignment: Stand in line at the nearest fast food restaurant, not within
shouting distance of district office, and ask parents what they think of
their school and what they would change if they could. Keep in mind it will
take a lot of communication before parents will come to understand exactly
what their schools may need to change to make them better.

Juanita