From: "gerald bracey" <gbracey@erols.com>
To: <arn-l@interversity.org>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 1:39 PM
Subject: [arn-l] NCLB and charters

Is anyone out there going to check for their state on whether or not
charters are disproportionately represented among the "failing schools"
generated through NCLB?

There have been a number of newspaper articles to the effect that charters
score low, but, of course, that proves nothing since we don't know how the
kids scored before they went to the charters. They might be doing better
than expected. AYP, though, should give a measure of change.

Jerry